Kids! Join our Summer Reading Club and receive prizes for reading. Check out our summer programs, too!
Teens! Join our reading program and enter a weekly raffle for a free book!
Parents! Keep your children reading throughout the summer so they will maintain their reading prowess and not experience the "summer slide." According to Deputy Commissioner for Cultural Education Jeffrey W. Cannell, "this involvement with reading during the summer months leads to better academic performance when children return to school in the fall."
Summer Reading Club
Join our children’s or teen reading clubs for ages 2 to 17. Sign up in person at the library or register for the reading club at https://rcls.libwizard.com/f/blv-summer-reading. Choose the Children’s or Teen reading program. Log your reading minutes to earn prizes. Receive virtual badges and additional prizes for completing mission activities. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or assistance.
Download the free READsquared app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iPhone/iPad)
If you prefer to keep a paper log, please register HERE, first, then pick up a folder at the Library from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM every Monday through Friday, or Thursday until 8:00pm. Please call Marybeth at 845-359-2811 with any questions or email email@example.com
Book Reviews and Raffle
Click on the buttons below to use our online book review form. Fill out your information and a raffle entry will be submitted for each review. Random drawings will take place each week for a free book and a final prize at summer's end. A paper copy is also available if you prefer.
Contact Marybeth at 845-359-2811 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Reading Lists and More
- Oceans of Possibilities Reading List - Tweens
- Oceans of Possibilities Reading List - Teens
- Oceans of Possibilities Books for Early Readers
- Oceans of Possibilities Books for Upper Elementary and Middle Readers
Summer Reading Program Resources and Facts
More resources and facts about summer reading can be found at:
- New York's Libraries: http://www.summerreadingnys.org/
- New York State Senate: https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/articles/2022/thomas-f-omara/senator-omaras-weekly-column-capitol-week-june-20-2022-keep
- Scholastic's Kids and Families Reading Report: www.scholastic.com